Sunday, December 4, 2011

I am having trouble determining what the null and alternative hypothesis would be.?

I am having trouble with this generally, but here is my specific problem:





This is hypothesis testing for two populations. A company wants to determine weather a job enrichment program would improve quality and production at the company. It then gives some numbers of the "old" and the "job-enriched" (n1, n2, xbar1, xbar2, and s1, s2), which I can figure all of that out. I just need to know how to determine what the null and alternate hypothesis is. Thanks in advance.|||H0 is always an equality. In this case, it's xbar1=xbar2.


H1 can be 2-tailed, i.e. xbar1 not equal xbar2 or it can be 1-tailed, i.e. xbar1 %26gt; xbar2 (or xbar1 %26lt; xbar2). In your case, it's 1-tailed. Which on depends on what is the physical interpretation of xbar.

No comments:

Post a Comment